E³ Project Manager Vacancy In South Africa
E³ Project Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
The goal of E³ is to inspire all learners to transition from school into further education, employment or entrepreneurship.
In 2012 the Community and Individual Development Association chaired the Enabling Entrepreneurship Technical Task Team of the Human Resource Development Council which led to the adoption of the sector plan for entrepreneurship in 2017. The Entrepreneurship, Employability and Education programme of the DBE (E³) supports the implementation of the sector plan to prepare learners for the modern economy.
In 2021 the LEGO Foundation made a three-year grant to E³ to contribute to these goals by Building Playful Learning Environments and Systems. The LEGO Foundation (LF) is dedicated to re-defining play, re-imagining learning and building a future in which Learning through Play (LtP) empowers children to become engaged lifelong learners.
Based remotely, E³ seeks to fill the exciting role of Project Manager for
Building Playful Learning Environments and Systems BPLES.
The purpose of this role is to apply adaptive management techniques to coordinate activities across E³ workstreams towards the objectives of the BPLES Grant.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- ● Coordinating the development and/or maintenance of grant-related documents including implementation and communication plans and related annual reports.
- ● Facilitating the process to learn and iterate on quarterly Objectives and Key Results towards grant outcomes, which are:
- Government Institutionalisation of Learning through Play
- Higher Education support of Learning through Play
- Teachers trained in Learning through Play
- School Ecosystem supporting Learning through Play
- Value of Learning through Play communicated
● Ensuring the coherent implementation of activities towards Grants Outcome 3 in each of the following cohorts of schools:
- 108 Deep Dive Schools
- 192 Control Schools
- 3000 Movement (light digital touch) schools
- 30 Case Study Schools
● Managing Cohort 3 interventions and ensuring that learnings about teacher pains and experiences are integrated into other cohorts
● Reporting directly to the Executive Director weekly on project reach and learnings.
● Reporting monthly to the LEGO Foundation Partner NODE on project reach and learnings.
● Providing technical assistance to workstream leads including tools development, budget analysis and role and accountability clarification.
● Providing technical assistance to the Implementation Manager, Co-ordinator and Area Co-ordinators; in particular, facilitating,co-facilitating or coaching on the use of adaptive management tools such as PDIA (Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation) or user-centred design
The Project Manager must possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Understanding complex social challenges and summarising them for a donor’s perspective
- Demonstrated involvement and experience with behaviour-changing programmes
- Either direct teaching experience or exposure to education programmes in the South African school system preferred
- Experience with managing and participating in online task boards to manage workload
- Capacity to assist with the development of creative digital experiences with a human-centred design
- Appropriate tertiary qualification
Key attributes and Competencies:
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Advocacy experience
- Innovative in training development
- Detail-oriented with excellent spreadsheet experience
- Report writing skills
- Collaborative team player
Please note that the contract for this position runs until March 2024. This role is in part made possible through a grant by the LEGO Foundation as part of their investments in Learning through Play Initiatives in South Africa.
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa