Research/Recruiter Nurse At Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
We seek individuals with good interpersonal skills, energy and initiative, commitment to detail and excellence, and a keen interest in working with children to join our team in the above position.
OverviewThe applicants should enjoy working with children and their families. This job will entail carrying out a research study at BHP in Gaborone, near Princess Marina Hospital. The research study is focused on evaluating the development and behaviour of 2-5-year-old children, and maternal mental health. Amongst other responsibilities, the incumbent will:
- Help with recruitment, consenting, and retention of study participants
- Complete developmental and behavioural assessments on 2-5-year-old children
- Interview parents about children’s development, maternal mental health, and about maternal/child health and social factors
- Draw blood from mothers and infants enrolled in the study in accordance with the study’s protocol
- Complete questionnaires and case report forms in accordance with the study’s protocol and enter this data accurately into an electronic database
- Perform telephone calls (and rarely home visits) as necessary to enhance retention of participants on study
- Track potential study participants contacted during clinic visits and participants already enrolled on the study to meet retention targets
- Interact with non-study medical personnel and with the community regarding study activities
- Participate in continued site training
- Play an active role in the study team
- Assist team members with the translation of study-related documents as needed
Qualifications and experienceDegree/Diploma in Nursing with minimum of 2 years experience. Experience in working with children.
Closing date and application instructionsQualifying and competent individuals are requested to forward their detailed applications to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
or Email to email@example.com
Closing date:4th September 2020
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidate.