Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary South Africa | The Sheila Brand Educational Trust is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.. The bursary will be awarded for Undergraduate studies in ALL fields, at the following universities: the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, the University of the Western Cape and Stellenbosch University.
The bursary is aimed at students who are in financial need, with a strong academic background and involvement in leadership, sport, culture and community service.
Otagouni.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, RENEWAL | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year and will be renewable based on the student achieving satisfactory academic results, financial need and overall attitude. Bursary recipients must submit written proof of their continued financial need each year.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview with the trustees before final selection is made.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification
- You must be studying or accepted to study at one of these universities: CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology), UWC (University of the Western Cape) or SU (Stellenbosch University)
- You must be in financial need and require partial or full funding
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achievements in the following sectors: leadership, sport, culture and community service
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary, scholarship or award (unless approved by the Trust)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
New applicants: download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Current bursary holders: download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Affidavit (.pdf) – do NOT complete the above bursary application form.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2023 academic year. (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2022 | 2020 academic years (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians, spouse or your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, proof of part-time or contract work, audited financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension slips if applicable)
- If the grandparents act as guardians: the parents’ death certificate (certified copy)
- Current Matriculants: motivational letter by your school principal, stating why the principal thinks you should be awarded the bursary
Note: documents must have been certified within the past 3 months.
Applications must be submitted to your university:
University of the Western Cape (UWC):
Ms Esther Seleke: email@example.com
Cape Peninsula University of Technology:
Helena Pietersen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at; Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application 2022
(Applicants may read how to apply for funding at SU here)
Insert the words “Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary” in the email subject line.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
30 September 2022 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact your university directly:
University of the Western Cape:
Contact person: Ms Esther Seleke (Financial Aid Office (Helpdesk))
Tel: 021 959 3670
Cape Peninsula University of Technology:
Contact person: Helena Pietersen (Advancement Officer)
Tel: 021 460 3389
Centre for Undergraduate Bursaries and Loans (CUBL)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.