Clinical Pharmacist at Bokamoso Private Hospital
Role SummaryA clinical pharmacist will be responsible for conducting ward rounds and ensure optimal medication management and utilization. The incumbent will coordinate Antibiotic Microbial Stewardship (AMS) programme in collaboration with clinicians and members of relevant hospital committees.
Key Work Output and Accountabilities:
- identify and resolve potential and actual antimicrobial as well as other drug-related problems, assisting physicians in designing regimens based on patient-specific parameters and co-morbidities
- perform medication usage evaluations
- dispense medication as per legislation and Good Pharmacy Practice Standards
- ensure maximum safety of patients by providing advice on the appropriate selection, dosage and drug interactions, potential side effects and therapeutic effects of medicines
- plan clinical workshops as part of Pharmacy quality improvement strategy through training
- support and participate in other Pharmacy activities
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized University
- Postgraduate clinical Pharmacy qualification
- Registration with Botswana Health Professions Council
- 3years clinical Pharmacy work experience in a hospital setting
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent team player
Closing date and application instructionsSend your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have the qualities and skills to fill this position
Closing Date for Applications: 24th September 2020
Lenmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Lenmed actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair an individual’s ability to perform the job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Should you not receive a response within three weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.