How Many Points Needed For Nsfas
How Many Points Needed For Nsfas
NSFAS aims to fund those interested in studying further but cannot afford to do so. The bursary offers two types of funding, which include university funding and TVET College funding. Their funding goes beyond tuition fees. However, only certain students are eligible. Those eligible for NSFAS funding will receive tuition fees, accommodation fees, transport allowances, living allowances, book allowances, and incidental or personal care allowances.
Who qualifies for funding?
When nsfas is closing
- You must be studying at any of the 26 public universities and 50 TVET colleges
- You must be a registered student doing the full-time study (not part-time)
- You must meet the academic requirements for entry – To study a degree at university you must pass matric with a degree pass. In addition, you must meet the minimum admission requirements (APS score) for the course you intend to apply for. If you are applying for funding to study at a TVET College you must have passed grade 9.
- You must be a South African citizen
- Your total household income is R350 000 or less per annum
- You must be registering for your first time at a public university for an undergraduate qualification or at a public TVET College
- SASSA grant recipients receiving or have previously received any of the social grants including the Care Dependency Grant, Child Support Grant, Foster Child Grant, and the Disability Grant automatically qualify for NSFAS funding.
Who does NOT qualify for NSFAS funding?
- NSFAS is not for students attending private colleges
- Foreign students (non-South African citizens)
- Students with a total household income is over R350 000 per annum
- Students who have completed a previous tertiary qualification
- Students who have already applied and received funding.
Value of the funding:
The funding will cover the following study-related expenses:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Subsidized book allowances
- Prescribed learning materials (up to a certain amount, as set by NSFAS)
- Subsidized accommodation (up to a certain amount, as set by NSFAS)
- Subsidized meal allowances.
What supporting documentation is required?
- ID document/ ID card (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Unabridged birth certificate (if you do not have an ID document or ID card) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians death certificate (if applicable) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Payslips/ employment letters/ pension advice (not older than 3 months) (do not submit SASSA slips. SASSA should be excluded from household income) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Contact details (cellphone number/ email address where NSFAS can communicate with you throughout the application process, as well as to provide feedback on the outcome of your application)
- NSFAS Consent Form (.pdf) – completed and signed by parents/ guardians
- If disabled, complete and include the NSFAS Disability Annexure A (.pdf)
- If orphaned, complete and include the NSFAS Declaration Form (.pdf) – to be signed by an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker/ a social worker from the Department of Social Development and submitted to an Isibindi Centre/ NYDA office
Where to apply?
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Nsfas Application for 2022 Closing Date
How to Apply for NSFAS Application 2023 – 2024
Nsfas Application Form pdf Download
Nsfas Application Form Details
Nsfas wallet account
How to cancel my nsfas account
How to apply for a nsfas bursary
How to qualify for nsfas bursary
Nsfas payment dates 2022 tvet college
Why nsfas registration dates for 2022
Where to upload nsfas documents
how to unblock your nsfas wallet
How To Withdraw Funds From NSFAS Wallet
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food
Why is nsfas not funding students
Can nsfas stop funding a student
Who qualifies for nsfas funding
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa
Social Work Vacancies In South Africa