Nsfas my status
Nsfas my status
In order to access your application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal here
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
Once you have followed these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not. It may take some time for your application to be successful so please be patient.
How To Log In To MyNSFAS Account?
Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
If for some reason or other, you can’t log in to MyNSFAS due to Forgotten Password you do not need to worry. Follow the below steps to reset the login details:
- STEP 1 – Go to www.nsfas.org.za, click on ‘myNSFAS’ and then select ‘forgot password.
- STEP 2 – Type in your ID number and choose what you require help with: password or username or both, then click ‘submit’.
- STEP 3 – The username and the link to change your password will be sent via SMS and email.
- STEP 4 – Open the link to be redirected to the reset password page.
- STEP 5 – Reset your password by following the prompts on your screen
Verification of documents and account status
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded onto the system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: Conduct third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: Verify all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: checking your academic results and your institution’s admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS.
- Awaiting Registration: receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution.