How Many Students Does Nsfas Fund
- A total of 93 532 TVET college students and 52 992 university students did not receive NSFAS funding for the 2022 academic year.
- Almost 100 000 NSFAS funded students failed the 2022 academic year, the majority of whom were enrolled at TVET colleges.
- 22 014 students at universities were unfunded because they had already obtained their first undergraduate qualification.
A total of 22 649 university students and 140 TVET students were unfunded because they exceeded the N+ rule which means that students would not be funded for their degrees past a certain number of years.
A total of 96 342 NSFAS-funded students failed the 2022 academic years, the majority of whom were enrolled at TVET colleges.
How to Check your Nsfas application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS portal
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
Otagouni.com is here to bring you the latest information regarding the NSFAS application process.
Once there, there are a number of results you might receive. Here are what you could receive and what they mean:
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded onto the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution’s admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves staying on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme NSFAS Details
Nsfas Application 2022 Opening Date
Nsfas Application for 2022 Closing Date
How to Apply for NSFAS Application 2023 – 2024
Nsfas Application Form pdf Download
Nsfas Application Form Details
Nsfas wallet account
How to cancel my nsfas account
How to apply for a nsfas bursary
How to qualify for nsfas bursary
Nsfas payment dates 2022 tvet college
Why are nsfas registration dates for 2022
Where to upload nsfas documents
how to unblock your nsfas wallet
How To Withdraw Funds From NSFAS Wallet
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food
Why is nsfas not funding students
Can nsfas stop funding a student
Who qualifies for nsfas funding
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa
Social Work Vacancies In South Africa