Nsfas How to Apply
The NSFAS bursary helps students who want to further their education by subsidizing the cost of attending any public university or college in South Africa to pursue specified degrees. For students who deserve it, this lessens their burden of student debt. To be eligible to receive money to help with their tuition fee and other study-related costs, eligible students must complete the NSFAS online application via the online application form portal.
otagouni.com is here to bring you the latest NSFAS news. Kindly check back for more updates
The main purpose of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is to enable young people from poor households to obtain a higher education. This is essential for expanding South Africa’s skills base and a powerful mechanism for breaking the intergenerational cycle of household poverty and exclusion.
In order to apply online for NSFAS 2023, visit www.nsfas.org.za for the application procedure
When is NSFAS Opening for Applications?
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review