SASSA Status Check
SASSA Status Check | South African Social Security Agency Status Check | See Details on SASSA Status Check Below:
The Social Relief Stress Grant (SRD Grant) was created to allow South African citizens, Refugees, Special Permit Holders, and Asylum Seekers to receive financial support from the South African government. Candidates between the ages of 18 and 60 years old, who have insufficient means, are not eligible or contributing to UIF payments, do not receive any social grants on behalf of themselves, and not receiving financial support from any other source, may be eligible to apply for the R350 SRD social grant.
The SRD Grant is administered in Section 32 of the Social Assistance Act. 2004 (Act No.13 of 2004) and has been mandated with approval from the Minister of Finance. The SRD Grant will remain in effect until 31 March 2024.
** Read about the full list of criteria and how to apply for the SRD Grant here **
If you applied for the SRD Grant and want to check the status of your application, carry on reading.
How do I check the status of my SRD Grant?
You will be required to fill in your South African ID number as well as your cellphone number.
What is the meaning of my SRD Grant status?
Once you have checked the status of your SRD grant, you will most likely get an outcome (meaning), that we will discuss below:
- Application complete: This means that your application was completed and that you will be notified each month for your SRD R350 Grant. Be sure to check your verification and payment status every month on the SASSA SRD website
- Bank details pending: Your application or reapplication was received but you did not provide the relevant banking details/ preferences. In this case, be sure to submit your banking details via the SASSA SRD website.
- Reapplication pending: This means that no reapplication was received and that your next step is to apply on the website.
- Period (e.g. December) pending: This means that your application was successfully received and that the application verification period is still pending. Be sure to check back on the status later in the month to keep yourself updated
- Period (e.g. December) approved: This means that your application was approved for the given period. Be sure to check the ‘pay day’ field to be kept up-to-date about when you will receive your money. Should there not be a given ‘pay day’ value, it means that no payment has been processed yet.
- Period (e.g. December) declined: This means that your application was rejected for the given period, and you will be provided with a reason. If this happens, you can submit a request for reconsideration via the website if you feel that the reason is invalid.
- Cancelled: This means that your grant has been cancelled. If you wish to reinstate your grant, you can do so via the website.
It is important to note that all your information must and will be provided electronically (i.e. there is no need to upload any documents.) Therefore, it is impeccable that you provide SASSA with your mobile cellphone number so that you can be reached with feedback regarding the status of your application.
What should I do if my application is declined?
If after conducting a SASSA status check, you see that your application is declined, you have the right to appeal the SASSA decision. To do this, you must lodge an appeal with the Department of Social Development for each month that your application was declined. If your application has been declined for any period from April 2022, be sure to submit an appeal by visiting the DSD appeals.
The process to appeal will be provided to you and a notification that your application has been declined. Should you fail to request an appeal for each month that your application was declined, it will result in the original decision being sustained (i.e. your application continuing to be declined).
If after appealing your application, it is still declined, this is the final reconsideration and reason for your SRD grant decline:
How do I update my grant application?
All active SRD R350 grant applications/ reapplications made since April 2022 will automatically be considered for every month up to March 2024. If you are an existing applicant, you can update your responses to the screening questionnaire. Visit the reconfirmation page at any time and if your circumstances change or if you want to correct any errors.
Is there any additional information I would need to provide SASSA?
Applicants or their proxy will be responsible for confirming/ providing SASSA with the below information for their application to be considered:
- Confirmation that you have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and the Consent documents
- Your details
- Your mobile cellphone number
- Your employment information and Lifestyle Sustainability information
- Your banking information
How do I cancel or reinstate my application?
Should your circumstances change and you no longer need or qualify for the special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, you can cancel your application.
If you have cancelled your application but need to reinstate it, you can reinstate your application.
When and how will my SRD Grant be paid?
Unlike other grants which are paid on specific days each month, the SRD Grant is paid once the candidates application has been processed. When you do a SASSA status check you will be able to see when your payment date will be.
SRD Grant applicants will receive an SMS once their grant is available for withdrawal, from approved retail merchants (Checkers, Pick N Pay, Shoprite and Boxer Stores) or banks.
MORE TOPICS ON NSFAS ONLINE APPLICATION