What is the Closing Date for Nsfas
What is the Closing Date for Nsfas
NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
Nsfas online application 2022 closing date
Who qualifies for NSFAS?
You qualify to apply for NSFAS financial aid if you:
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university, or are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programs;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grades 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
How to activate nsfas ewallet
Are you trying to access your allowances but you are getting a message that your account is locked? Here’s why.
You are receiving this message if you have typed in your NSFAS Wallet password incorrectly more than three times. This is just a security measure to prevent fraudsters from accessing your allowances. Please ensure that you memorize and safeguard your NSFAS Wallet password.
If you are a first-time user, the process may seem daunting at first but it is pretty simple. Here are the steps on how to get started with your NSFAS Wallet:
- You will receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
- Once you receive an SMS, open it and verify your account by dialing *134*176# and replying with your ID number
- You will then receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times!
- Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
otagouni.com is here to bring you the latest NSFAS news. Kindly check back for more updates
To unblock your myNSFAS Wallet, you need to:
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Go to NSFAS Connect
- Create a case
- Submit a picture of your ID using a cell phone
- Provide your current cell number
- Indicate that your NSFAS Wallet is blocked
If you are unable to access your myNSFAS account to submit this request, you may send a request to NSFAS via their social media inbox (DM) or email.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.