Nsfas Application for 2024 Closing Date
Nsfas Application for 2024 Closing Date | NSFAS has officially opened its application this morning and will close on the 31st of January 2024.
Note that for this application period, there will be no supporting documents required at the time of application.
NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to login to the MyNSFAS account
The registered students can access their MyNSFAS account by following these steps:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on MyNSFAS Account.
- Input your username and password.
- Login to MyNSFAS account.
MyNSFAS account status check
At this stage, you should have had your login details (account name and password) to access the MyNSFAS student portal. Follow the steps given to check your account status – notes on the progress of your grant application status are indicated.
- Step 1: Visit the myNSFAS student portal
- Step 2: Enter Your Email and Password in the field provided,
- Step 3: Click on the Sign-in button to access your application status.
HOW TO APPLY
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2023 – 2024 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
Once you have been approved for NSFAS funding, you will be covered until you complete your degree.
However, this is contingent on you meeting the academic requirements. To ensure your continuous funding, you must concentrate on studying and passing your modules.
MORE TOPICS ON NSFAS ONLINE APPLICATION 2024