Samancor Chrome Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAMANCOR CHROME
Samancor Chrome Bursary South Africa | Samancor Chrome was established in 1975 when a merger occurred between 2 companies, namely SA Manganese Ltd and Amcor Ltd. Prior to the merger, SA Manganese mined manganese; while Amcor exploited mineral deposits and processed the minerals into ferroalloys for the steel industry. The company is the second biggest global producer of ferrochrome, producing approximately 1 million metric tons of charge chrome each year.
The company is currently under the ownership of Samancor Chrome Holdings Proprietary Limited, which was previously owned by shareholders BHP Billiton and Anglo American, who owned 60% and 40% respectively.
Samancor Chrome’s operations consist of mining and smelting of chrome ore. The mining takes place in the western and eastern parts of the Bushveld Igneous Complex and operates 5 smelting operations.
ABOUT THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Samancor Chrome is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year, at their Western Chrome Mines Business Unit.
Bursaries will be awarded to bright young students, for studies within the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Otagouni.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Samancor Chrome Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above (if currently studying, you must be in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year)
- You must be studying or have been provisionally accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application 2024: Mechanical Engineering
(Reference Number: SC-2789)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application 2024: Mining Engineering
(Reference Number: SC-2788)
Enter “Otagouni.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Samancor Chrome bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 10 results (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of provisional university acceptance, if applicable (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae (must include the following details: Personal information, School or University contact details, Extracurricular Activities at School or University within the last 4 years, Special Achievements at School and/or University within the last 4 years)
- Motivational letter explaining why chose your field of study and career path (maximum 100 words)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
30 June 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Samancor Chrome directly:
Khuphuka Training and Development Centre
Please do NOT contact Samancor Chrome if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
MORE TOPICS ON NSFAS ONLINE APPLICATION