Deputy Rector Pupils South Africa Teaching Jobs
DEPUTY RECTOR: PUPILS
Deputy Rector Pupils South Africa Teaching Jobs | Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply for the role of Deputy Rector: Pupils commencing in January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. The Deputy Rector: Pupils is responsible for the overall logistics, administration and coordination of the activities and behaviour of boys. The role has oversight of Cocurricular activities and related responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Teach academic subjects to the boys so that the requirements of the curriculum are met, and the high academic standards of
- Michaelhouse are maintained.
- Plan, monitor and control the operational budget so that expenditure is within approved budget parameters.
- Management of school routine, schedules and events including year planning, calendars, planning and communication of routines
and duty rosters, and school photos.
- Policy management and maintenance: maintain, develop and communicate policies and any updates or changes. Implement and
oversee discipline in the school, liaising with Rector and Deputy Rector: Pastoral to create a high standard of behaviour.
- Ensure discipline of boys is handled fairly and equitably and within policy at the level of the most serious offences.
- Legislative reporting and survey management, including boy and parent surveys, UMALUSI reporting and other bodies.
- School Quality Assurance: manage quality assurance and accreditation processes, submissions, assessments.
- Management of all logistics and main interface with Operations including transport arrangements and catering as well as facilities
management and boarding establishment development.
- Health & Safety and Risk Management: perform the duties of the Fire Master of the school. Ensure evacuation policy and other
H&S policies are up-to-date and practised.
- Participate as an active member of the Executive Committee, in particular working alongside the Deputy Rector: Pastoral in
facilitating teamwork in achieving overall school goals.
- Perform general school management functions in line with policy and the ethos of the school. Including admissions, staff
recruitment and appointments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified teacher with prior Senior Leadership/ Executive level experience
- Strong pastoral knowledge and boarding school experience
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop purposeful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders: boys, parents and staff
- The gravitas to inspire confidence and respect in boys, parents and staff
- Financial management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strategic orientation
- Team leadership
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Housing will be provided on the Michaelhouse estate in order to facilitate full involvement in the school programme.
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview. Michaelhouse reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply by completing the online application form at:
In addition to completing the online form, please email your handwritten motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Disclaimer: Michaelhouse is committed to ensuring confidentiality of personal information. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and CV, you acknowledge acceptance of this disclaimer. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment of the listed vacancy and any required statutory reporting. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect the information of applicants.