School Librarian South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
School Librarian South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | COMMENCEMENT DATE: MARCH 2022
SAHETI School is an independent, co-educational, English-medium school dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, whilst promoting the values and ethos of Hellenism. The school is situated in Bedfordview, Johannesburg.
Applications are invited for a young, experienced, and self-motivated School Librarian to join our team. Who meets the below listed requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Journalism.
- Make sure the library meets the needs of precise groups of users including teachers.
- Outstanding organisational and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be Academic and knowledgeable on current affairs and have a broad range of interests.
- Have the ability to create a school-wide reading culture and foster a love for reading.
- Working knowledge of library methods and procedures and archival practices
- High level of ICT competency
- Proven experience of managing library staff.
- Enjoy working with children and have an understanding of their age-appropriate skills.
- Strong administrative skills and budget management
- Previous experience in managing a school’s library would be advantageous.
- Teaching experience and SACE registration would be advantageous.
- Ability to identify with the values, culture, and ethos of SAHETI.
Written applications and detailed curriculum vitae, including the names of two current referees, should be addressed to the HR Department at email@example.com
SAHETI School reserves the right make an appointment prior to the closing date of this vacancy, should a suitable candidate be found. Submitting a cv does not entitle the applicant to automatically be called for an appointment. Failure to meet the pre-requisites of the advertised post will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration for the post. Should an applicant not hear from the school within two weeks from closing date, it must be assumed that their application was not successful.
POPI CLAUSE: Please note that submission of your application to SAHETI School will be used solely for the purposes of recruitment of the above-mentioned vacancy and all internal process associated with this application.
This data could be used for statutory reporting and the submission of your application confirms your consent to this. SAHETI School hereby confirms that we will ensure that your data is protected as per the POPI Act.