Speech Language Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
VACANCY SPEECH-LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Speech Language Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | to commence full time duties at Bellavista School on 1 May 2022
Bellavista School is an independent preparatory school in Johannesburg for children with learning potential who are experiencing specific or generalised learning difficulties that prevent them from achieving success in a mainstream school environment. We aim to encapsulate every child’s strengths and promote these, whilst developing coping strategies to overcome areas of weakness. To work at Bellavista School, a therapist must have a desire to engage intense and ongoing professional development, personal resilience, a sincere belief in the potential of every child and a strong collaborative style.
A position has become available in the Speech-Language Therapy department of Bellavista School.
The ideal candidate will:
- hold a four-year qualification in Speech-Language Therapy;
- demonstrate high levels of competence in speaking, reading and writing English;
- demonstrate competence in speaking and writing one other South African language;
- have evidence of training and/or experience in working with children of school going age;
- competently speak to and use a range of standardised assessment tools in order to make recommendations for therapy and to guide practice;
- fluently use technology to achieve administrative requirements but also to engage teletherapy;
- be characterised with positive interpersonal skills, professionalism and a strong sense of responsibility and accountability;
- demonstrate self-initiated problem solving abilities;
- present with excellent collaboration skills and value the work of integrated therapy teams;
- clearly be described as a reflective practitioner.
An interest or training in autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, Tomatis and also Sensory Integration Therapy would give a candidate the edge when applying for this position. Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their CV by no later than 16 November 2021 to TG@bellavistaschool.co.za.
All applicants must be South African citizens/residents and hold a current HPCSA registration as well as clearance on the sexual offender’s register. Failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applications will not necessarily entitle the applicant to a response, appointment or an interview. We reserve the right not to proceed with filling the post.