Communications Events and Marketing Coordinator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Communications Events and Marketing Coordinator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
Communications, Events & Marketing Coordinator
The Girls’ Preparatory School invites applications for the abovementioned full-time position which will be available from 1 January 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this role. This role will require a dynamic and innovative individual who is motivated and highly organised. The Girls’ Preparatory seeks an individual who is able to work proactively, take initiative and work under pressure during high day events and school functions.
The requirements and responsibilities for this position are:
- A relevant tertiary qualification coupled with 5 years’ experience in a communications/PR role/Events Logistics; experience in an educational environment would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in public relations and media liaison coupled with experience in the use of the full range of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram etc)
- Significant experience in drafting press releases, news articles and other forms of internal or external communication with the ability to write in a variety of styles to appeal to different audiences
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written); and meticulous attention to editing and formatting detail
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team as well as independently; the ability to work under pressure and manage a variety of people and school stakeholders
- Experience in and demonstrated ability to project manage event timelines, plan, prioritise, and work to tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including weekends, holidays and evenings)
- Excellent communication skills, with a specific focus on written communication
- Provide administrative support to the Head and School Administration Office
- High level computer skills, knowledge of desktop publishing, and website design and function is a distinct advantage in this role
- Preparation of written materials including marketing material, school communications, reports, an understanding of videography, photography and presentation scripts using the school’s contact management system and other social media platforms to create and send emails, newsletters, etc
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities, marketing of the school and fundraising opportunities
- Budgeting and finance management
- A willingness to work within the Church-based/Christian ethos of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 26 November 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.